There are numerous and unique tourist places in and around the state of Meghalaya that are well-known all over the world for their landscape and natural beauty. Here we list 5 popular places to tour in Meghalaya that you should definitely visit.
- The Double Decker Living Root Bridge – You must have seen its pictures on the internet; this bridge has that kind of fame. This 3 km long living root bridge stands at a height of around 2400 feet. This double decker living root bridge is an excellent example of how wonderful things could be if mankind and nature worked in collaboration, and is among one of the most popular Meghalaya tour destinations. Though there are many astonishing living root bridges in Meghalaya and it is believed that some of them are over 500 years old, this double-decker one shows its distinct popularity.
- Umiam Lake – If you think man-made lakes cannot be as beautiful as natural lakes, a visit to Umiam Lake is all you need to change your opinion. The lake is vast in a literal sense as it covers an expanse of 221 sq. km. Umiam is a perfect place to capture perfect frames and to admire the flawless creativity of nature and human’s limitlessness.
- Dawki (Umngot River) – Dawki is a small city located on the border of India and Bangladesh and is also the trade hub between the two countries. What makes Dawki a tourist magnet is Umngot River – the river with crystal clear water. And by crystal clear, we mean so clear that you can actually see the shadow of your boat into the bottom of the river floating with your boat. Dawki Bridge that is a suspension bridge over the river is another reason to visit this river at least once.The distinctive charm of this river attracts tourists from all over the country and even abroad to take an unforgettable ride on Umngot River, and makes it one of the best places to visit in Meghalaya. Nothing compares to the heavenly joy of riding on this beautiful river surrounded by wilderness.
- Mawsmai Cave – Caves are mysterious. Caves are historical. Caves are intriguing. If you agree, there is no way you are not going to love Mawsmai Cave. It is one of the most accessible caves in Meghalaya. You can explore it without a guide. Mawsmai Cave is among the most revered landmarks in Cherrapunji.This limestone cave is beautiful in its own different manner and is a crowd puller. This is a great choice for any photography enthusiast and history buff. If you want to explore something beyond high waterfalls and rainforests on your visit to Meghalaya, Mawsmai Cave is one of the most interesting Meghalaya tourist places.
- Wphlang Sacred Forest – The state of Meghalaya is known for its Tropical rainforests, and one of the most popular and sacred ones among them is Mawphlang Sacred Forest. A nature lover’s fantasy cannot be wilder than this forest. This forest houses an extraordinary network of plants and trees, some of which are believed to be more than 1,000 years old.But it is not the biodiversity alone that makes the forest so interesting; it is the beliefs of the local community regarding this forest and its sacredness. The forest is called sacred is because the locals believe that it is the home of a deity named Labasa, who appears in the form of tiger or leopard and also protects the local community.
We provide various types of tourist cars at affordable prices to every destinations in and around Assam and Meghalaya. We guarantee safety and quality tour cars for every traveler traveling with us. Get in touch with us via phone or chat to easily book your Assam tour car rentals and pay later.